- French River
- Northern Lights!
–10 day mission trip–I’ve never been so touched by hospitality and I will always have a place for Peru in my heart.
- Inca Cola
- Bargained in an open-air market
- Boating on the Pacific Ocean!
–My first taste of international business and marketing.
- Frite Day
- Tajikistan Energy Charter honored guest
–Four months as an international business analyst/glorified tourist.
- Fed elephants!
- Saw the Petronas Towers
- Had a Selangor Sling
5. The Philippines
–One month as a program coordinator before I realized that 22 was too young to be burnt out on working.
- Witnessed a Manila Bay sunset
- Survived the fish markets
- Watched a traditional Bayanihan dance (from the national dance troupe)
6. Republic of Georgia
–Teaching English and navigating a confusing, intriguing culture nothing at all like my own!
- Survived as a teacher!
- Learned to navigate a tricky marshrutka network
- Learned enough Kartuli to get myself in trouble
- Tried khatchapuri and khinkali (national dishes) and now consider them comfort food
- Hopped across the border (legally! and somewhat literally)
- Enjoyed doner and rice and left with feelings that Turkish food is a thousand times better than Georgian.
- Rode the longest cable car in the world and saw Tatev Monastery
- Explored Yerevan and Goris
- Cascade Steps/Taco Maco/Eywa Smoothies
- Republic Square and the Armenian History Museum
9. Nagorno Karabakh (Artsakh)
- Illegally entered Azerbaijan through the self-declared independent republic
- Reveled in a city on par with Western Europe
- Explored the illegal and bombed out city of Agdam
- …interrogated for two hours by the State Police for exploring said city
- Found the best Italian food East of Italy
- Blacklisted from traveling to Azerbaijan until my passport expires
- Visited the University town of Bamberg
- Getting lost on the train system…twice
- International parties with international (and awesome) people
- Gelato and Hain Park
Irish tour with Thornton and a mini #TeamMalaysia reunion.
- Ballycarberry Castle and the Ring of Kerry
- Galway Bay
- The Cliffs of Moher